Website Terms & Conditions of use
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your use of this website and any connected services delivered by email that are provided by Layeredonline Ltd (together referred to as the Services). By using the Services, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms. If you disagree with the Terms, or any revisions of them, please discontinue your use of the Services. Layeredonline Ltd (we, us) is a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 8719479 and registered address at Low Broadwood Hall, Allendale, Northumberland NE47 9AD.
Changes to these terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time and these changes will become effective as soon as they are posted on the Services. By continuing to use the Services you will be deemed to accept these changes. If you disagree with the Terms, or any revisions of them, please discontinue your use of the Services.
Information and availablity
While we take every care to ensure that the information provided by the Services is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and where that is the case we are often unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
We will do our utmost to ensure that the Services will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to the Services may also be suspended or restricted occasionally to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will always try to limit the frequency and duration of any disruption. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
The Services are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided by the Services or any interruptions in availability of the Services.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com
Contributions provided by you
The website may from time to time invite you to comment on articles, send in your own imagery, and join in webchats. By contributing you are granting us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to store your contributions on our servers and to display the contributions on the Services. We can’t promise that we will use all contributions provided to us.
We want to keep the websites clean and friendly. Please do not submit contributions that are offensive, racist, harassing, illegal, misleading, abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. We do our best to monitor and moderate contributions but we cannot monitor them all and you therefore could be at risk yourself if you contribute anything objectionable. We reserve the right to take down any contribution that breaches any of the above rules, and we may be obliged to pass copies to appropriate authorities. We reserve the right, among other things, to suspend or terminate your access to the Services if you are in breach of these Terms, for example by submitting contributions that are unsuitable.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
- The competitions that we run through the Services are subject to the following rules (unless otherwise specified):
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry is permitted per unique account, and no bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- Competitions are open to all UK and ROI residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, and in other cases as stated) except our employees, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents, or anyone directly connected with the promotion. • Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
- If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then Layeredonline Ltd will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
- We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for noncash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner(s) will either be drawn at random from all valid entries, or as the first correct entries submitted, depending on the type of competition, and will be notified by email or social media within two weeks of the closing date.
- Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked [name of competition] Layeredonline Ltd, Unit 3 Allen Mill, Allendale, Northumberland NE47 9EQ, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
- Please remember to get permission from the person who pays the bill before you enter via SMS.
- We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
- By entering these competitions you are agreeing to receive details of future related content from Layeredonline Ltd and our subsidiaries, and if clearly stated, selected third parties. If you do not want to receive any further information from us then please send your name, address, email address and phone number to The Data Protection Officer, Layeredonline Ltd, Low Broadwood Hall, Allendale, Northumberland NE47 9AD.
Links to other sites, and references to other products and services
The Services will from time to time provide information to you about third party products and services. While we hope you will be interested in these products and services, you acknowledge that they are independent from us and we accept no responsibility or liability for their quality, safety, suitability or fitness for purpose.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Services do not contain or spread any viruses or other malicious code. However, we recommend that you ensure that your home computer runs up-to-date anti-virus software just in case, and you should virus-check all materials downloaded from the Services and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We are not liable for any damage or loss caused by viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the Services.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The copyright and all other rights in and to the Services and all the content featured on the Services from time to time are owned by us or our licensors. As a user of the Services, you may store, print and display that content solely for your own personal use. You may not publish, manipulate, distribute or reproduce any of that content in any way, nor may you use any of that content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. In addition, you may not include a link to the Services or display the contents of the Services surrounded or framed or otherwise juxtaposed or associated with other material in any manner without our prior written consent.
All trade marks used on the Services are the property of their respective owners. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these trade marks in any way, and you agree not to use these trade marks without our prior written permission from their respective owners.
Except as specifically set out in these Terms, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
We are not responsible or liable for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free.
We shall not have any liability to you for any costs, expenses, damages and any other liabilities however arising, including as a consequence of your usage of the
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in this paragraph “Liability” limits or excludes our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any damage, loss, liability or cost incurred by us resulting from any breach of these Terms by you or any claims or legal proceedings brought or threatened against us as a result of your use of the Services.
These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to these Terms or the Services.
In the event that any term of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will remain valid and enforceable.
Third party rights
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 20th February 2014.